I am posting my 34 week update when I am actually now at 35 weeks...oops! The past few weeks have been a whirlwind of awesomeness, so I've fallen a little behind. The 34 week baby bump photo was in fact taken during my 34th week...but it's just taken me this long to get around to posting it.
Here is the updated baby bump...
Liam is getting bigger and bigger, and we are getting more and more excited to meet him! We had our 35 week doctor's appointment yesterday, and our doctor said that everything is looking good for his arrival! He is developed enough that if he decided to come now, they wouldn't do anything to stop him. Of course the preference is for him to grow as much as possible before we meet him face to face, but we'll be thrilled no matter when he decides to make his appearance! This is where I learn to let go of control and just trust God. I know it'll all happen in His perfect timing. :)
Last night was a little eventful around here. While winding down at home for the evening, I started having a couple contractions. At first I didn't think much of it, because I've randomly been having Braxton Hicks contractions for a couple months now. But then I had another one...and another one...and then they started getting longer and closer together...and some of them were quite uncomfortable. This went on for about two hours. And to be honest, I was feeling a little frantic. I was not expecting to go into labor this soon, and I still had things that needed to be done! So in between contractions, I was rushing around the house like a mad woman doing some major "nesting". I quickly finished packing our hospital bag. I threw some laundry in to wash (because I realized I hadn't washed any of Liam's clothes yet!) And I even organized my makeup bag (I have no clue why...haha!) My sweet husband was right there with me the whole time, keeping me hydrated, massaging my back, helping me get things in order, and reassuring me that everything was going to be alright,
When the contractions were beginning to get to the 5-1-1 stage (where they're 5 minutes apart, at least 1 minute in length, and going on for over an hour) and we were thinking we'd have to make a trip to the hospital soon...they stopped. And I was exhausted, so I fell right to sleep. At 2am I woke up with another contraction, and have continued having them off and on for the rest of the day. They haven't been near as crazy as last night though. They've been more mild in intensity and sporadic in timing. So I've been able to get some rest in the meantime.
While last night was just a warm-up for the big day, it definitely made all of this feel more real! It's hitting me that this could happen at any time. It could be in a few days...or in 6 weeks! So exciting! :)
Because it's been a little longer since my last update, I'll give you a little peek at what I've been up to the past few weeks...
1. I flew up to Maine to be with my family a few weeks ago!
2. While there, I got to celebrate my sister, Alycia, graduating from high school! I cannot believe she's a high school grad now...she's grown up SO fast!
3. We went to some of my favorite places while there. Including the beach!
4. My mom and sisters threw me an amazing baby shower while we were there. I was overwhelmed by all the thoughtfulness that was put into it. Everyone was so kind and generous, and we were blessed with some great gifts! It warmed my heart. :)
5. I missed this guy while I was away in Maine, but loved getting to hang out with him when I returned.
6. We went to 4 graduations and 6 graduation parties this past weekend. It was so much fun! We loved getting to celebrate all of our amazing graduates. To say we're going to miss them when they go off to college is quite the understatement.
7. We had a heat wave here in Tennessee (record highs!)...and our air conditioning decided to go out the same day. We got creative in ways to stay cool, such as hanging out in Panera for a few hours drinking smoothies while getting some work done. Our AC is now back on and I am so thankful!
8. We saw the most incredible (double) rainbow ever. It reminded me of all of God's promises, and how he is always with us.
All in all, it's been an amazing few weeks...and I can't wait to see what the next few have in store! :)
Love you all!